- November 2009 Relevante’s webinar on Budgeting using BI Tools attracts over 200 participants
- Media, PA, November 17, 2009: Relevante, Inc. a leading provider of accounting and technology consulting and staffing solutions, conducted a webinar on “How to use Business Intelligence to Ease the Pain of the Budgeting Process with Communication, Consolidation, & Control.”At this time of significant economic uncertainty, we are very pleased to help our clients with their budgeting process and provide our expertise in reducing the budget cycle time,” said William Brassington, CEO, Relevante Inc.The webinar focused on the various issues faced by managers in our current “do more with less environment” and the solutions available to shorten the budgetary cycle times and improve the process considerably. The webinar was done in collaboration with Qlikview and focused on the power of advanced analytics and its help with the 3 C’s of budgeting — Checking, Consolidating and Communicating.
“Relevante strongly believes in the use of the right technology aids to help you with your budgeting process, where information is generally scattered in spreadsheets and assumptions change quickly due to external events,” says Kevin Hull, Managing Consultant, Relevante, Inc.
- November 2009 Relevante launches new content rich website to help Americans looking for jobs
- Media, PA, November 16, 2009: Relevante, Inc. a leading provider of accounting and technology consulting and staffing solutions today announced the launch of its new corporate website located at www.relevante.com The new website has many new features that were created after accumulating extensive feedback from the company’s clients and candidates seeking employment.”We are very pleased to launch our new and expanded website and I think it will be a go-to site for candidates seeking jobs,” said William Brassington, CEO, Relevante Inc. “Candidates need resources that help them prepare to find jobs, network, and maintain their skills as accounting and technology professionals. This site provides some of those key resources, including current jobs at Relevante’s clients.
- November 2009 Relevante professionals present at IFRS conference
- Media, PA, November 05, 2009:
Relevante, Inc., a leading provider of accounting and technology solutions, announced that Patricia Ritchie, Senior Consultant is presenting at “Bridging the GAAP to IFRS”- an IFRS conference at the New York Marriott Marquis at Times Square, New York, NY.Patricia’s presentation covers IFRS Readiness Assessment and the Role of Project Management. An overview on assessing where your company fits into the conversion timeline and also understanding what organizations need to consider to be fully prepared for the future will be discussed.”Efficient planning is the key for successful project completion and avoiding costly re-work due to unanticipated surprises” said, Patricia Ritchie.
Co-presenters at the conference include the Chairman of FASB, President and CEO of the AICPA, Deputy Chief Accountant of the U.S. SEC among others. “Relevante is pleased to be co- presenting with the regulators and industry association representatives to increase the awareness of IFRS amongst the accounting community” said William Brassington, CEO.
IFRS has increasingly become the accounting framework of choice around the world. IFRS is impacting U.S. companies today as their non-U.S. subsidiaries are increasingly beginning to report under IFRS and their foreign customers and suppliers are increasingly considering IFRS implications as they enter into transactions with U.S. companies. IFRS is also relevant to international merger and acquisition transactions as often one or more of the companies entering into such transactions report under IFRS. IFRS is currently used by upwards of 12,000 companies in more than 100 countries.
- October 2009 Relevante CEO spotlighted on Executive Leaders radio show
- Media, PA. October 9, 2009:
Relevante, Inc., a leading provider of accounting and technology solutions, announced today that its CEO, William Brassington, was spotlighted on the Executive Leaders Radio Program on WWDB 860-AM as a top executive leader of the Philadelphia area.A recording of the show is available at http://www.executiveleadersradio.com/brassington-william-1353.aspx.William shared Relevante’s success story and its strategies in today’s economic environment in his interview with Executive Leaders Radio host Herb Cohen. He highlighted the efforts made by Relevante is helping clients across the region deal with regulatory and growth issues that require experienced accounting professionals to ensure success.
The Executive Leaders Radio Program is the #1 program on WWDB 860-AM, a primary financial news and information station for the Philadelphia region. Executive Leaders Radio, features guest appearances by prominent CEOs, entrepreneurs, and C-level executives who are invited to share their personal stories of success.
William is scheduled to reappear on the show in April, 2010.
- September 2009 Relevante’s LinkedIn Group becomes a primary networking hub for accounting professionals
- Media, PA. September 19, 2009: Relevante, Inc., a leading provider of accounting and technology solutions, has seen its group on Linkedin grow to more than 8000 members with hundreds of discussions each month. The group, founded on September 19, 2007, is located at
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2901&goback=.gdr_1219917845062_1.anb_2901_*2 .The rapid growth of Relevante’s LinkedIn group is a result of its members truly connecting and sharing and not just adding another group to their profile. In its first year, the group was seen as a great location for candidates seeking work and recruiters seeking candidates. In the last year it has broadened into a rich community for all types of needs, including blogging, trusted referrals, and practical insights to accounting and business challenges.”Social and business networking remains a core need for all professionals,” said William Brassington, CEO Relevante. Increasingly, the first place that many accounting professionals turn to is LinkedIn, particularly the Relevante Group on LinkedIn,” he added.
- July 2009 Relevante launches profit recovery services for the Retail Industry
- Media, PA, July 12, 2009: Relevante, Inc. a leading provider of accounting and technology consulting and staffing solutions, has launched a portfolio of profit recovery services for the retail industry. The services are aimed at helping large retailers with comprehensive audits of vendors to identify overcharges. Recoveries can have a significant impact on the bottom line for these large entities seeking every way possible to manage to profitability.”At this time of economic challenges, we are very pleased to work with large national retailers and provide them with our significant expertise in these profit recovery areas,” said William Brassington, CEO, Relevante Inc.”Relevante strongly believes in getting measured on what we do, and being paid based on the measured value we bring,” says William Selers, Director of Business Development and Recruiting.
Relevante’s professionals identify both transaction & contractual errors — including duplicate payments, pricing errors, missed rebates or discounts, excessive freight charges, invoicing errors & supplier overcharges. Our competencies are distinguished by:
- Cutting edge software and audit tools like ACL
- Audit expertise with complex transactions at large, global clients.
- Guaranteed success – we are prepared to be paid on results.
- Providing best practices to improve processes.
- Initial audit of a sample size of the population and if needed an audit of 100% of the population.
- June 2009 Relevante to host Bridging the GAAP to IFRS Symposium
- Media, PA, June 30, 2009: Relevante, Inc., a leading provider of accounting and technology consulting solutions, today announced that it will host it’s Bridging the GAAP to IFRS Symposium on July 23, 2009 from 7:30a – 4:00p at Doubletree Hotel in Somerset, NJ. Participants will earn eight (8) CPE Accounting credits. The fee for the 8 hour event is $199.00 which includes a continental breakfast, AM & PM snacks, and lunch.Presenters Include:
- Stephen Litzenberger, CPA, Managing Partner and CFO, BROADSTONE
- Julien Berke, IFRS Director, Mazars
- W. Allen Sullivan, CPA, MBA, MST, Senior Consultant, Relevante, Inc.
- Patricia Ritchie, MBA, CIA, CPM, Senior Consultant, Relevante, Inc.
- Sara DeSmith, Partner, Transaction Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Sherif Sakr, Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
Topics will include:
- An overview of IFRS, including a brief history, the regulating entities involved, and a current global status.
- An analysis of IFRS vs. US GAAP covering financial statement presentation differences and a drill down to key line item accounting treatment.
- IFRS preparedness, an exploration of where your company fits in the conversion time-line and what your organization needs to consider now.
- IFRS Implementation, project management considerations with an in-depth coverage of IT challenges and industry solutions.
- A webcast is also available for these sessions.
- You can register by calling (215) 259 5162 or at www.relevante.com, there is limited space available.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and AmEx.
- “Relevante is proud to offer industry professionals the most relevant and advanced learning opportunities,” said William Brassington, CEO of Relevante, Inc. “We value and focus on providing continuing education and training for finance and accounting professionals,” he added.
- To learn more about the value of Relevante Services go to: www.relevante.com